Saturday 20 February 2016

A Level Photography

I went home over christmas and salvaged my photography final piece from the college dumpsters... obviously i wasn't going to upload a photo of every page, as my final piece was a whole book worth of edited photos and then experimental mixed media onto of said photos... 
My final piece in photography got me a resounding C grade. which i was not impressed with. I love photography, i do it in my spare time, i go out and explore forests and cliff faces, take photos of people playing sports and am even designated photographer at most parties. 

















i think I found a passion in photography because it wasn't like i could ever be wrong. i mean you can take a shitty photo, but its not like it took you forever, you can try again. I bought my Nikon D5200 in 2013, spent the year walking dogs, getting paid £20 an hour if i trained the dogs too, in order to pay for the camera. i didn't want to be one of those kids who thought they were amazing at photography because they had a decent camera, i scrolled through blog after blog on how to take the perfect photos, i took photography Alevel to learn how to edit, to learn about photographers with weird styles. I ended up loving Rodchenko, his geometric shapes, the strange angles of his photos... i got into futurism, and long exposure, sequence photography.. 

I  like looking back at this work every now and then because i remember how passionate i was about this Night Lights project, and realise how passionate i still am about photography. Whenever i get a new project I'm filming my movements, or I'm taking photos of nature or figures trying to figure out how to morph a tree into a person or a leaf into a raindrop, creating mini side project for myself that never seem to get finished because i get distracted by the next strange idea...
I need that passion again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

New Animation Website