Saturday 27 February 2016

Self Portrait Project - getting started

So I made some headway today with regards to my Self Portrait Project. and by headway, i mean i actually started it! FINALLY!

Okay, where to start... I picked up my favourite lined paper book, grabbed a grippy pen and googled myself. I had a look at what people could see about me, what i knew about myself, and then a little history of my families... theres some stuff there.. theres all the chinese pressure to become a lawyer.. theres the english side who are just happy if you get to uni... theres great grandparents with success and a cousin who was murdered, theres.. (my family is a mess)


yeah..


So. I wrote facts about me, and the year of the pig. i wrote about lucky charms and numbers, friends I've had, friends I've lost, pets and hobbies.. anything i could think of...
but then i did something i didn't think that anyone else would try as research into ones self... I got my boyfriend to write some stuff about me... not my name and hair colour.. other stuff... and.. i was pleasantly surprised :)

So basically, since then, I've had loads of ideas.. but i don't want it to be a 'draw your life' kind of thing... i was some drawing, some symbolism, some animation using toonboom, photoshop and hopefully after effects :) I'm hoping to do a little stop motion as I've balanced my camera between two elevated skateboards and put a LED lightbox underneath.. so hopefully.. :/ theres so many ideas and i didnt really know where to start until today when i had a dream about how to get the camera in the right place.... i know.. its sad that i dream of ways to get around issues in my work.. -.- I'm so lame...



but here we are, the first piece for my Portrait Project.
 i know its a terrible drawing, but you need to bare in mind that i was drawing onto of a photo, on top of a lightbox, while filming, trying to do this as fast as possible... and. i did it in fine liner, you couldn't make stuff out so i had to go over it in marker!!!! so yeah.

next stage is to put it into photoshop, colour it in, and then maybe animate the faces to blink a little in toon boom later.. if i have time and the effort... :/

Wish me luck

- xox -

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

New Animation Website